RO4000® LoPro™ Laminates
RO4000® LoPro™ laminates use a proprietary Rogers’ technology that allows reverse treated foil to bond to standard RO4000 dielectric. This results in a laminate with low conductor loss for improved insertion loss and signal integrity while maintaining all other desirable attributes of the standard RO4000 laminate system.
RO4000 hydrocarbon ceramic laminates are designed to offer superior high frequency performance and low cost circuit fabrication. The result is a low loss material which can be fabricated using standard epoxy/glass (FR-4) processes and do not require specialized via preparation such as sodium etch for lower manufacturing cost.
The selection of laminates typically available to designers is significantly reduced once operational frequencies increase to 500 MHz and above. Low dielectric loss allows RO4000 series material to be used in many applications where higher operating frequencies limit the use of conventional circuit board laminates. The temperature coefficient of dielectric constant is among the lowest of any circuit board material and the dielectric constant is stable over a broad frequency range. This makes it an ideal substrate for broadband applications.
- Lower insertion loss for higher operating frequency designs (even greater than 40 GHz)
- Reduced passive intermodulation (PIM) for base station antennas
- Improved thermal performance due to lower conductor loss
- Cellular Base Station Antennas and Power Amplifiers
- Microwave point to point (P2P) links
- Automotive Radar and Sensors
- RF Identification (RFID) Tags
- LNB’s for Direct Broadcast Satellites
Samples can be requested through our online request system.